Sunday, May 4, 2008

Nosy palaeontologists

"Palaeontologists," a dinosaur grumbled. "Nosy parkers. I can't do anything without them knowing about it. I break my leg one day and a few millennia later a palaeontologist will be messing around with my bones, saying, "Look at that, this clumsy woman broke her leg." I eat a diet of grass and millennia later they poke through my poo and say, "She ate a diet of grass." It's not like I travel to the future and tell everybody what they eat."

"Maybe we should."

So they went forward in time, dug through the palaeontologists' rubbish bins, and paraded the packets and wrappings down the street.

"Cup Noodle! Cheap cornflakes! Chocolate bars!"

"This one eats nothing but pizza!"

The palaeontologists were abashed.

"Let's put this in a museum," the dinosaurs laughed. They built a museum and filled it with evidence of palaeontologists.

The palaeontologists rolled around in sorrow.

No comments: